6.03.2010

This Girl Knows the Meaning of Self-Confidence!

I absolutely LOVE this video! It is so cute.



Kids often have such a strong sense of who they are...this little girl is exhibiting extreme self-confidence, self-esteem, AND self-acceptance! It might seem a little bit silly to imagine ourselves doing something like this...looking into the mirror and saying things we love about our lives...but why should it be silly? Maybe if we were to tell ourselves more often, "I love my hair, I love my haircuts...I can do anything good!" we might be more prone to start believing it. Somehow, in the transition from childhood to adulthood, we lose this sense of happiness and excitement that comes just from being alive. So why not try it out?

TRY IT OUT: Start saying a daily affirmation to yourself. Last post, I talked about making a promise..."I promise to always love my _____." Every day you look in the mirror, make an effort to tell yourself how much you love this feature, whatever it is. Wow, my hair looks great today! or I'm so lucky that my hair always does what I want it to do! Each day, start noticing other things you love about yourself and make sure to vocalize them.

--Kelli

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, ha, ha! I know what my girls and I are doing tomorrow morning.

    Complete with the arm motions--that's called karate-chop happiness right there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this video. It is seriously amazing. What a cool little girl.

    rebeccawithanR

    ReplyDelete